Monday, July 18, 2005

Observations from my kid

The following was referenced on Drudge....

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050718/D8BDUTV03.html

I love the reference to Karl Rove down by McClellan's picture....."Some Democrats have called for Rove, whose title is deputy chief of staff, to be fired. They have suggested that he violated a 1982 federal law that prohibits the deliberate exposure of the name of a CIA agent".

What the hell does "whose title is deputy chief of staff" mean? Seems to imply that it's only a title and not his real job. I challenge you to find any similar reference to one of Clinton's senior staffers.

Another quote from the same article...

Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., said Bush shouldn't wait for charges to be filed to take action.
"The standard for holding a high position in the White House should not simply be that you didn't break the law," he said. "It should be a lot higher and if Mr. Rove or anyone else aided and abetted the leaking of the name of an agent, even if they don't meet the narrow criminal standard, the president should ask for their resignation."

I guess lying to a grand jury doesn't count?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I once was a Democrat then I grew up.

stuff


Free SEO Directory
Search Texas Blogs

RightyBlogs.com
hits