Monday, March 07, 2005

It's not unpatriotic to play nail to the chief

That's the title and substance of a piece by Brian Lowry in Variety.com
referring to the outrage by a lot of people to the comments by Chris Rock during the Oscar awards show recently.

Chris Rock by Dusty

He thinks those outrages are aimed at the comments demeaning President Bush.

Speaking for myself, I don't deny Chris or anyone else the right to make fun of anyone, including President Bush. Actually, it's the jokes about President Bush being such a dunce that helps him to continually outsmart the liberals everywhere. The dems have been pretty much shut-out by him, going all the way back to his days as governor, haven't they?

What really offended me about Chris Rock on oscar night is when he joked about the deaths of our military heros "bleeding all over their khakis". I don't think an audience of 'real' people in 'real' America would have laughed and applauded that line as the 'make-believe' people in Hollywood did.

Hence, my outrage. Otherwise, Chris Rock is a very funny guy.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I once was a Democrat then I grew up.

stuff


Free SEO Directory
Search Texas Blogs

RightyBlogs.com
hits