Wednesday, March 09, 2005

In The Northwest: Teresa Heinz Kerry hasn't lost her outspoken way

By JOEL CONNELLY in the SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER as referenced by Drudge.

Reading it gives me just one more reason to be thankful that GWB won last November. Following are Teresa's quotes and my comments.

"Nobody told me what to do." Obviously.

"You cannot have bishops in the pulpit -- long before or the Sunday before the election -- as they did in Catholic churches, saying it was a mortal sin to vote for John Kerry." I don't think they did... or had to.

"The church has a right and obligation to teach values. They don't have a right to restrict freedom of expression, which they did." No they didn't.

"Two brothers own 80 percent of the machines used in the United States. It is very easy to hack into the mother machines." I don't think so: If it were easy, the Democrats would have done that instead of slashing GOP workers tires.

"We in the United States are not a banana republic. Democrats should insist on 'accountability and transparency' in how votes are tabulated." Over and over until enough phantom votes are 'found' until a Democrat wins, like in the Washington state governor's race.

"I fear for '06. I don't trust it the way it is right now." You are losers. That's the way it is.

"I think we should focus on '06." Then quit focussing on '04.

"When I put out, I put out." (No comment)

"I kept my first husband from running for office for four years." You're second husband should be so smart.

"Think about last year, once John had his nomination, the Republicans spent $90 million to destroy his reputation." I agree much of that was wasted. The Swift Boat Veterans did it for much less money.

"We have to develop a discipline for this party, so the people of this country know more clearly what it is to be a Democrat." But you can't tell them the truth, can you?

"Basically, we are at a crux, a crossroads right now. It's no place for self-indulgence. It's no place for looking back. We must be totally committed to this journey ... to believe again, to hope again." To lose again.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I once was a Democrat then I grew up.

stuff


Free SEO Directory
Search Texas Blogs

RightyBlogs.com
hits